Monday 31 October 2011

Battlefield 3

Despite all the hype about this game, I really don’t think Battlefield 3 is as amazing as everyone thought it was going to be. Honestly, it’s not really that different to any other first person shooter on the market. Don’t get me wrong, the game play was fun, but the single-player storyline didn’t get exciting until right near the end. As I got further through the game, I started to pay less attention to the story and concentrate more on shooting people in the face. There has been a definite improvement in the graphics since Battlefield 2 (which I admit that I haven’t played a lot of), and the game is visually quite attractive. The audio is also extremely nice, especially when using Turtle Beaches. The achievements are that of your typical FPS – Finish these missions, reach whatever level online, do this in this mission… You get the idea. I have to say though, the online multiplayer impressed me. Again, not much different than your average FPS, but it seems somehow more enjoyable. The maps are, as always with Battlefield games, very large, but I feel there’s something for everyone - Whether you want a big open field with hills and small buildings, a tightly packed subway and narrow streets, or even a helipad to throw yourself off to reach the enemy base. The fact that this game has no online lobbies annoyed me. This means you do not have the freedom to change dog tags (a sort of ‘player card’), customize classes or even leave the game.

Achievements 6/10
Gameplay 8/10
Graphics 9/10
Multiplayer 9/10
Story 6/10
OVERALL 8/10 - Lot’s of love, TechnoPanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment