Now before I get started I want to just say this game is in Alpha. This seems to be something a lot of people forget and often moan about the game when they find a bug or a hacker some how killed them.
WarZ vs DayZ (Arma II Mod)
Now I know a lot of you are probably gonna be OH GOD!!! another DayZ fan boy.
Ill be honest I played DayZ and I did enjoy it but I DO prefer WarZ.
Some things are similar but there are mainly differences between these games.
You get all the claims WarZ is just a rip-off but I can assure you it is not, thats like saying that Call of Duty is a rip-off of Doom.
WarZ is a Free Roam, MMO, Zombie Survival Game
DayZ is a Free Roam, MMO, Zombies Survival Mod
(except for the standalone version to come out in the future)
yet like many games both have a different spin on things.
- Yes both have the need to eat and drink.
- Both have zombies.
- Both have PvP
Things DayZ have different
- DayZ currently has more interaction (but WarZ may add more) things like campfires, hunting, filling up water bottles etc gives you a sense of something more to do.
- DayZ you can just shoot any part of a zombie and kill it and even worse you can just run through buildings to lose them.
- Zombies can climb ladders.
- DayZ medical system is good and with a little bit more to it would make a game a lot more fun in my opinion.
- Vehicles (however this is a planned addition in a later version in WarZ)
Things WarZ have different (Patch 08/11/2012)
- In WarZ you can currently jump onto cars and kill any zombies nearby without too much worry of being hit by them.
- You need to get headshots to kill zombies (even with melee)
- Weapons are rarer (drinks however are not)
- Day and Night cycles are not linked with real time.
Why pick WarZ
Now your probably thinking why should I go out and buy WarZ instead of Arma 2 and getting DayZ
and my reply is simple.
Belief, hoping that a game which may appear simple now will get complex and amazing in the future.
The WarZ currently evolves much quicker than the mod DayZ which can sometimes give you a feeling that a lot more is happening and a lot more is to come.
I would also like to note I believe that WarZ is better/has more potential than the mod Dayz but I am in no way saying anything about the standalone DayZ as this could potentially be better.
A Few Warnings:
If you played DayZ and left in the hope that this game did not have the whole pointless kill on sight because I can (even when the player obviously was not a threat) you will be mistaken, at this moment in time there is non of the features that the dev's hope to implement to help people avoid player killers or even become lawmen so be warned most people are not friendly.
Also make sure you don't rush into it, a lot of people have and this results in the "Oh meh gerd I foundz a BUGGGGG I wantz my Monez Bak" reaction which then is often replied with its in alpha you knew this, there will be bugs and even hackers sometimes but the WarZ team is very good at solving problems fast.
Now finally I have finished if you think I missed any difference etc or have an issue with this just post a comment and let me know (I know it is not perfect)
Also we are hoping of recording some WarZ soon so don't forget to check out our YouTube